Made of high quality black rubber, this is an exact copy of the grenade launching recoil pad made by the Russians and Bulgarians. It will fit most milspec AK buttstocks, including:
- Most European and Chinese wood or plastic milspec stocks, all calibers. It will also fit Romanian thumbhole stocks and Romaninan FPK (Dragonov type) rifles.
- East German and Romanian side folding stocks, including Polish Tantal side folding stocks.
- "Krinkov" style side folding stocks from Bulgaria and Russia.
- All underfolding stocks, including Polish, Russian, Chinese, and the newly available Yugoslavian underfolding stocks.
- K-VAR U.S. made plastic buttstocks.
It will NOT fit Yugoslavian wood buttstocks or many thumbhole type sporter stocks.
A black Velcro fastener is included for use on "Krinkov" style stocks. (The original Russian/Bulgarian unit uses a leather and buckle strap which does not strap as securely).
When creating the mold for this part, I decided to make the recoil pad fit tighter. If you already have an original grenade launching recoil pad, you will notice that the FSE made pad fits more securely on all stocks, with virtually no wobble.
This is the MOST effective recoil pad that you can currently put on your AK type rifle. The wide rubber base and recoil absorbing design makes shooting all calibers more pleasant. Remember, this was originally designed to help absorb the recoil of a grenade launcher!
Unlike other recoil pads, this has an original military look, and requires no alteration to your rifle. You can install and remove it in seconds.
Put it on at the range for shooting comfort, and take it off after shooting to return your rifle to its original look.
This recoil pad also increases the length of pull by about 1/2 of an inch, making it great for shooters with a longer reach.
I always use this recoil pad when shooting my NFA AKs on full auto.
Made in the U.S. but does not qualify as a "U.S. part" for 922(r) purposes.
Dimensions: approximately 1.5" x 5.5" x 2"
Weight: 4.8 oz.